Halloween Baby & Toddler Recipe!
Lovely Fran from Wyld Cookery has put together this recipe for your little ones this Halloween! Wishing you all a Happy and Safe Halloween – even if it is just an excuse to dress your little ones in cute pumpkin outfits!
Pumpkin, Cheddar and Herb Muffins
Makes approx 12 mini muffins
100g self raising flour
60g wholemeal flour (if you don’t have just top up with self raising as above)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp dried herbs – suggest rosemary, thyme or basil
30ml veg oil
50ml natural yoghurt
80g (+ a little extra for topping) cheddar cheese, grated
120g fresh pumpkin, grated raw (choose the cooking pumpkin variety not the carving ones!)
- Oven to 200C, line a mini muffin tin with parchment cases or grease well with butter
- In one large bowl mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking and bicarb, herbs) and then fold in the cheese and grated pumpkin
- In a large jug mix the wet ingredients (oil, egg, yoghurt and milk)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined, it can even be a little lumpy (it is super important not to over mix a muffin mixture as the end result will be tough and not fluffy – boo!)
- Divide between the cases/muffin tin, top with a little more grated cheddar and bake for about 12-15 mins until well risen and a skewer comes out clean.