021: The Toddler Cot to Bed Transition
You now have had some time with your little one sleeping soundly in their cot. And you might be thinking, is it time to move them to a bed? On today’s episode, I take you through the cot to bed transition – what to think about in advance, some tips on how to go about it, and a bit of troubleshooting (just in case!)
This episode is for you if you want to learn:
- One simple sign that your toddler might be ready for a bed.
- The steps to take if you are thinking about this transition in anticipation of a new baby.
- My top tip if you are buying a whole new bed and how it will help set you up for success!
- The importance of toddler-proofing the bedroom and some safety issues you might not have thought of.
- A preparation tip if you have stairs in your home.
- One BIG, but simple thing you can do in advance to get your toddler excited about the independence of sleeping in a bed.
- My favorite tip for the first night in their new bed!
- The 2 sleep methods that can be used to get your toddler back on track if they start getting out of bed during the night.
- How the transition should affect your little one’s current bedtime routine.
- The MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do as a parent if your toddler gets out of their new bed.
- And more!
Connect with me: www.theparentandbabycoach.com